CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Who whouldn't want a piece of cake now?

So I finnally figured out how to download movies from my flip (aka.mommy cam). My favorite flip film from David and Ellie and Elizabeth's weekend is all the children blowing out the candles on the cake. Thank you Kim for the awsome pink candles, I can't believe they lasted so long.

I am so glad for the traditions that mom and dad started when we were small. No other family I know has the children blow out candles over and over and over. (Probably b/c antibiotics weren't invented yet.) What were they thinking!?! Nevertheless it was a fun weekend and I must let everyone know that Ellie has a toyroom on her bed from all the wonderful princess things she recieved for her b-day.

4 little notes:

Wendy said...

I thought everyone has the tradition of blowing out the candles at someone's birthday but when I tried it with the Young Women for one of their birthdays they all looked at me like i was crazy...go figure!

Unknown said...

Love that you got the cake and not so much the kids on video! HAHAHAHA!! Austin hates this tradition, but you can bet your sweet bibby we are doing it!!

Gray Family said...

Jeff is right there with Austin - hating the candle blowing tradition - too bad, I win! Everyone blows! Good thing Jenny and Mom called everyone by name so that we knew who got a turn to blow! Some more than once! Besides, doesn't all that blowing make the cake taste better - you know with 'sweet babies breath'!

The best mom EVER!!! said...

Hey,Sarah, you can't critizie my videography skills. I was holding a camera, lighting candles and trying to remember who didn't get a turn to blow. I think I am Momtastic!!!!