CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Cheesy Chicken

Kim and Wendy have put together a new family recipe book and I have been slow to open it. It's so daunting the idea of a new recipe that you have never tried before, so Tuesday night, I made my way to the kitchen, flipped through the old Dunyon recipe book and nothing looked good. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the new recipe book sitting there, begging to be opened. So I picked it up, flipped to the chicken section, and there it was, the only recipe that I had all the ingredients for. Cheesy Chicken.
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup grated cheese
Chicken

It was looking golden, although I did have my doubts on how cream of chicken soup mixed with cheese was going to taste, but if it wasn't good, I didn't have to eat it, save the calories right? I placed the dish in the oven, and cooked some rice in our new rice cooker, then waited patiently for an hour removed the chicken and dished a plate for Austin and myself. I closed my eyes and tried a small bite...PERFECTION! It was so good. Austin had seconds. So yeah to Jessica for the delicious cheesy chicken and kudos to Kim and Wendy for putting that cook book together. It was so much work, and now I am not afraid, I go to that book first when 5:00 rolls around!

This is my face when I took my first bite


This is my face when my tummy was full...yumm

2 little notes:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked it! I loved the pictures you added of your reactions! They gave a great visual. We love you!
Jess

Dunyon family said...

you are a complete nut but I love it