CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our Kindergartener!


Emma had her first day of kindergarten yesterday. She had been awaiting this day for a LONG time, so this was a dream come true for her to go to school with the big kids! She loved it!

(Yes, Heidi brought her "pack pack" too except instead of bringing school supplies, she loaded it up with cars and barbies, because you never know when you'll need those!) (Emma's best friend Jenna.)


Heidi missed her buddy, but she is starting Joy School next week so that should be a fun adventure for her. We look forward to a great school year! As for Grace...even though she's not in school we put her to work doing dishes and

cleaning up eating toys. Apparently the little people taste great!


As for a summer re-cap... Brooke and the girls went to Vegas for a girls' weekend with the Dunyon cousins, while the boys were at Powell for Father's & Son's. We went to Powell twice this summer as a family (yes, that's a total of three times for Aaron - lucky guy!). Grace celebrated her 1st birthday at Powell
- so fun! We spent a week in California playing (Emma wanted "yellow hair" like Grandma Dunyon so Grandma put conditioner on her hair with the foils...sneaky. To make sure she was convinced we all had to compliment Emma on her beautiful yellow hair for the rest of the day.)
and attending Breana and Scott Daly's wedding (Brooke's sister). Grace loved her little cousin Luke. He showed us all how it's done at the Spectrum Fountains. Brooke was spoiled having live-in babysitters while we stayed there. We miss living by our grandparents! Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen are coming up this weekend to stay with us and we are really looking forward to that! The girls have already decided what games and activities they'd like to do with them. It's sure to be a blast!

Brooke was called to be the Music Leader in Nursery and loves being in there with Heidi for a few minutes each Sunday. Aaron is still our Superman - working in Salt Lake, going to mutual/scouts, playing basketball every Saturday morning, and chipping away at his always-growing honey-do list (In all honesty, though, some of those projects are his suggestions...I just add to it every now and then.). More pictures to come of our recent home renovations!

~Brooke & Aaron

10 little notes:

Allison Nielsen said...

Love it! Great pictures & so cleaver. Thanks for posting things so we can share in your life!

Hugs, Mom

Jasmine said...

Haha! I love the picture of Heidi sleeping with the balloon!

I'm glad we got to sneak in some time with you guys during your busy summer. Hopefully you can now have some time to recover from all that fun. :)

Sarah said...

I can't believe little Emma is big enough to go to school!! I'm sure she is just loving it!

I love the balloon picture of Heidi, so cute. It was so fun to have you here and be able to spend time with you. Love you!

Ali said...

So good to see updated pictures of your family! ...and Emma staring Kindergarten?! Time flies.

Mark and Shauna said...

WHAT? Emma's starting Kindergarten... CRAZY! Love all the pictures... SO CUTE:) Keep them coming! We need to get together for a girls night one of these days!

Gray Family said...

I can't believe Emma and Nathan are kindergarteners this year - I remember being pregnant at the same time with you with the two of them...where does the time go? Love the "pack pack" twins! Ahhh, life marches on. Love to you all!

Kristyn said...

Love the updates from you guys! And Aaron went to Lake Powell 3 times?? You're right, he is really lucky! (We want to come next time, kay? We were bummed htis summer.) And I love how tan Aaron looks - he's got Powell written all over him.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

What an awesome summer! Emma looks so cute all ready for school, and I can't believe how big Grace is already! Next time you're all down here we should get the girls together. Hugs to you!

The Trotter Family said...

Yay for Emma! I bet she is loving kindergarten. I'm glad we got to see you. I should call you for advice on raising my girl. I think her and Emma are kindred spirits. Little divas! Oh and I love that she wanted yellow hair and you put foils in. What a crack up!

Wendy said...

Some days go by so quickly and some go so slow. It seems Emma was more than ready for Kindergarten. Congrats Mommy! Life just takes more and more turns for the better and with every stage and new experience. Fun summer pictures...there's no place like Grandma's!