CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 18, 2009

D I S N E Y L A N D ! ! !











With Heidi's on April 10th and Emma's on May 10th the celebrations have just continued for weeks with the birthday marathon. Any excuse to eat cake and party, right? The girls had a combined birthday party where Princess Aurora joined us for the occasion. Emma was elated to see her and never left her side. Heidi on the other hand wasn't interested in getting near her, which surprised us because she is obsessed with any book, movie, toy, or dress-up relating to Disney Princesses. Oh well. This was the closest that Heidi ever got to Aurora. :)




For Emma's birthday it was pretty low-key. The girls made pizza for dinner Saturday night and devoured cupcakes afterwards. I was lucky enough to share Mother's Day with Emma's birthday. She has been one of the best Mother's Day gifts ever. We are so blessed to have her in our family. I'm still trying to figure out where the time has gone because it seemed like we just brought her home from the hospital yesterday.


When we asked Emma what she wanted most for her birthday she said that she wanted to take Lady (our former puppy) for a walk. About a year ago Lady went to live with our friends in Sandy. To make a long story short, her body didn't agree with California's weather so we found her a new home and she has been in hog heaven with them. Now that we live so close to Lady this was perfect. So on Mother's Day/Emma's birthday, her wish was granted and we took Lady on a walk together.
Who needs pets when you can just walk your friends' pets? I love Lady, but is sure is nice to have one less body to take care of in the house. :)

At the last minute we decided to borrow our Aunt Vanessa's motorhome and head to Disneyland. So off we went. I don't know if the girls were more excited about riding in the motorhome or going to Disneyland, but either way we had a great time! The girls' favorite spot in the motorhome was the bed in the front above the driver's seat. That's probably the case for most kids. At the park, we pretty much got on every ride that we wanted to that day, so we really lucked out.



Grandma and Grandpa Dunyon joined us at Disneyland and we loved being with them. Grandma even waited in the long line to see the Disney Princesses for us while we went on a few rides with the kids...Isn't she the best?! We miss them so much!


Of course we had to hit the beach while we were in town so Sarah and Austin joined us and we drove down to Dave and Joy's beach house. It was pretty cold but the kids didn't seem to mind too much. They were too busy playing in the huge hole that Aaron dug for them. After visiting with friends and family that night we headed home first thing Sunday morning. Even though it was a quick trip we were so glad we could go. It was great to see some family and for the girls to have a change of scenery. They were so tired..We found Heidi like this on the way home...She fell asleep on the floor on her way back to the bed.

We're grateful to have been able to go on this trip and for the memories that were made. It was our last family vacation before the baby is here, so next time we head out we'll be a party of five! Poor Aaron is SO outnumbered..

~Brooke

8 little notes:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that we got to see you this weekend!! I miss your sweet family!! Thanks for letting us bum a ride with you down to the beach house, and sitting in back with me watching Barbie Mermaidia! :) Can't wait to see you again soon! Love you!

Jasmine said...

Looks like a really fun weekend! How fun that Aurora showed up for the party!

It was so great to see you guys! Good luck with the coming months in welcoming Baby Dunyon! (And Aaron loves being outnumbered, I'm sure.) :)

Ashlee said...

The girls' birthday was so fun and Kaleb really enjoyed himself! I am glad you guys got to get in a little Vaca before baby #3 arrives. The girls looked like they had so much fun! Love the picture of Heidi sleeping. So tuckered out! :) I have to hand it to Aaron having 4 girls in the house! That is a lot of estrogen! I don't know if Mark would survive! Wink, Wink!

Gray Family said...

My my my, what busy little princesses you have all been. I am so glad Disneyland was not busy for you - I just love that place. The girls were bummed that we weren't able to join you. They still can't figure out that you aren't there when we go to visit. We miss seeing you all. Happy Birthday little princesses and the new one to come!

Mark and Shauna said...

It's amazing how quickly time flies! I remember meeting you at the mall food court when you were pregnant with Emma... and then coming to see her when she was just a week old or so. Crazy! Looks like the girls had fun birthdays and you had a great mother's day... I'm SO jealous you got to go to Disneyland!

Matt and Jill said...

It was fun to see you for a little while - and a great big THANKYOU for watching Scott for us...I think he likes hanging around all the girls. :)

Ali said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend :) Your girls are adorable!

The Trotter Family said...

We are bummed we missed you guys, but it looks like you had plenty of fun without us! I still can't get over how big they are both getting. Emma has braids!