CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Better Late Than Never...

For Easter, we decided to go see our Las Vegas cousins for the weekend. Heidi's birthday was that Friday, on April 10th, so we sang Happy Birthday to her as she blew the candles out on her pancake that morning.

The birthday girl wanted to play in an empty bathtub with her clothes on and her lifejacket nearby (she loves that jacket!) so that kept her busy while we packed up the car. We headed to Vegas as soon as Daddy got home from work that afternoon and ended up in terrible traffic that delayed us two hours in Provo. So instead of it taking 5 1/2 hours to get to Vegas, we got there in 7 1/2. At least we made it though, right?














We joined the Eckersley's ward for an Easter Egg Hunt the next morning. It was a little chilly that day but still tons of fun. I don't think the girls had ever seen so many eggs in their life!

We had a second Easter Egg Hunt that afternoon back at the house, then proceeded with Heidi's birthday party with her cousins. She genuinely enjoyed each gift she opened,

which was a nice change from the usual "rip open the gift and throw it over the shoulder" routine. As if the kids hadn't had enough sugar that day, we had "ice cream cone cupcakes" http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50158 (Hats off to Jenny for the fun idea!). Everybody had their own candle to blow out so after re-lighting everyone's candle almost a dozen times we dug in.


We were so busy the next morning looking at what the Easter Bunny brought us, that we snapped a couple of pictures after church of the girls. These are the best pictures we got...


Oh well. (Andrew couldn't figure out why the Easter Bunny brought Emma and Heidi different gifts than him and his siblings...for example Emma and Heidi got a little carton of goldfish and Andrew got Pez...Jenny and I explained that we are all different, so we each like different things...eventually he accepted that answer...it was funny).
















The Eckersley's were such great hosts, as always. Thanks for a fun Easter weekend!!! Love, Brooke, Aaron, & girls.

5 little notes:

The Trotter Family said...

Brooke, I'm glad you FINALLY posted! Look at how big the girls are getting. You can braid Emma hair now! Loo at how grown up Heidi is too. Now all we need is a pregnancy update and picture every once in a while. We miss you guys out here!

Jasmine said...

I can't believe how BIG the girls are getting! I may use your explanation to Andrew some day...it's very clever, and I wish I had thought of it. :)

I'm sorry we missed you when you were here!

Sarah said...

Oh my!! Ditto what everyone else said! I can't believe how big the girls are getting, we def. need to see you guys more often! Cute pictures, and cute ironed clothes!! (Hee hee) Love you Brooke!

The best mom EVER!!! said...

I am so glad you braved the awful Utah traffic to be with us. I hope Grandma and Grandpa had a much fun as we did. We love it when you come to play.

Gray Family said...

I can't believe that those two girls are as different as night and day and yet not. We so wish we could have joined you, but your Easter looks a little too cool for us warm blooded folk! Happy Birthday sweet Heidi!