CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Mommy, you look different!"

As many of you know, Emma wears glasses now. I would have posted this when she first got them a couple of weeks ago, however my camera died. She is still blind in her right eye (has been since birth) and at her last eye exam they discovered she's a little far-sighted in her left eye. Therefore, the glasses are to help her good eye see better and protect it (since it's the only good eye it is very important to 'shield' it).
When we first found out she needed glasses, I worried about how we would get Emma to keep them on, and how we would prevent Heidi and other children from pulling them off. To our surprise, Emma loves wearing them and they haven't been a temptation for Heidi or any other children to touch them. Actually, the first day Emma got them, she cried because she didn't want to take her glasses off at bedtime. We think they are helping because when she first put them on and looked at us she said, "Mommy you look different," and smiled.

Heidi is growing up fast. She'll be going to nursery this upcoming Sunday (nursery is the children's sunday school class at our congregation for those between the age of 18 mo. and 3 yrs.). She is fearless and confident...which is exhausting sometimes but she brings so much joy to our home.

Emma is Ms. Chatterbox. She comes in our room at 6:30 every morning and says, "Pssst Mommy, I need to eat eggs." She's our bright, dramatic, gorgeous girl. I'm gathering materials to start my own preschool program with her at home. (Someday I hope to run my own preschool out of my home for my children and our neighbors.)


Anyway, aren't they the cutest girls ever?! I know I'm biased, but still..








12 little notes:

Gray Family said...

You're not biased - ALL the "Dunyon" children are the cutest in the world! I love the glasses - how could she not look adorable in them? We will see you all soon.

Love, Kim, Paige, Megan, Haley, Nathan and Jeff

Ali said...

Maybe Jeff and I need to be looking at homes near you- can I be your neighbor so my children can go to your preschool??? You'd be great at it! Emma's glasses look great too- your girls are both such cuties- you do a great job! :)

Ryan and Laura said...

I think your girls are pretty cute too :) Where have you been getting materials for your preschool program? I hear that I'd better plan on teaching Tyler myself since schools out here are pretty bad... oh well!

Unknown said...

Ahh....so cute! I love the little things that Emma says, like, "Mom I am just a little girl!" LOL!! Mom told me about that one. She is so much fun. And we couldn't love Heidi more. It's so nice to come home and have her run into my arms. It's nice to be loved huh?

Unknown said...

very cute girls! I like the glasses look on Emma. She looks so much older ;)

Valley Girl said...

your girls are darling!!! the glasses actually look really cute... wish i looked that good in glasses ;)

i taught preschool before jt was born...i loved it and know you will too! you will be great, i can totally picture miss Brooke!!! CUTE...do it!

ps we switched to blogger....finaly ;)

Matt and Jill said...

Emma and Heidi are too cute! I love Emma's glasses, and I'm sure she loves them, too - she probably doesn't want to take them off because she can see so much more clearly now! :) I think it's a great idea to have a little preschool - where are you getting the materials? You'd be a great teacher. love you!

Foy said...

aww i love your girls but you already know that! =) Hope you guys are doing good!

Anonymous said...

ok the glasses are adorable, some kids cant pull them off but Emma can for sure! they are beautiful little girls my dear! we really need to get together soon! and i completely agree that you need to start your own blog and keep us all updated daily!! LOL thanks for all the kind words eariler too! youre the best... hope to see u guys soon!!

The Trotter Family said...

I am glad they have worked out and she looks cute in them! As for preschool, we should e-mail because I was thinking the same thing! Maybe we could switch days or something.

Brandon and Sarah said...

Brooke,

I cant believe how much they've grown! Emma looks like a mini disney princess. So cute!

Cynthia said...

Glad to hear that Emma's glasses are working out. She must love to be able to see better.
Yay for Heidi goign to nursery. I love when the kids are old enough to go to nursery- you can finally enjoy Sunday School and Relief Society!