I tried to bribe one of the older kids in the bounce house to hold Emma's hand and walk her to the "door" for me but that didn't work so I ended up climbing in there. All the parents were giggling because many of them had the same problem with their kids when it was time to get out. After a brief meltdown that resulted from leaving the bounce house, we proceeded to color easter eggs, make a bunny hat, a bunny puppet, saw the Real Easter Bunny, and do an Easter Egg Hunt. They had the hunt area marked off and all the little kids stood around the perimeter dying to get in there and pick up the eggs. The parents were holding their kids back like a pack of hungry wolves. Now remember there were hundreds of kids and I was alone. I was trying to record it for Aaron (so he could see what we did that day) but as soon as the hunt began it was like Where's Waldo trying to spot your child so I ditched the camera and kept a close eye on Emma. I know I'm a worry-wort when it comes to my girls but its better to be safe than sorry! It would have been so easy for someone to scoop a child up and walk away without anyone noticing. That just freaks me out. So anyway, we had a great time at the activity. We made cookies when we got home and got ready for the beach. It was a beautiful day!! Heidi passed out and slept on the beach the first hour or so, .jpg)
while Emma played with her Austy. She LOVES LOVES Sarah and Austin! We wish they could live with us! Emma sent Austin to fill her bucket up with more water like 5 times. Poor Austin! Heidi seemed to enjoy it although she wasn't happy when the water touched her feet. Her favorite part of the day was eating lunch on her towel.
Oh, and she didn't like the sand touching her legs either, but all in all everyone had a great day. :) .jpg)
.jpg)
After church .jpg)
on Sunday we had an Easter Egg Hunt with Pepper's family. It was so funny because I had brought a bunch of Easter eggs for the hunt without knowing that Mom Dunyon had already filled a ton for the kids. We decided to hide the eggs I brought too because what else was I going to do with 40 candy-filled eggs? 
The kids were really cute looking for them, but pooped out before all the eggs had been found so the adults finished up the hunt because the chocolate was melting in the hot, hot sun!! Mom made a delicious dinner and we enjoyed hanging out together the rest of the afternoon. So aside from some meltdowns by the kids I think we all had a wonderful Easter weekend. Thanks to Sarah & Austin for coming down and to Mom and Dad for letting us hang out at your house!
We are grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the opportunity that we had to honor him this Easter Sunday.
.jpg)
on Sunday we had an Easter Egg Hunt with Pepper's family. It was so funny because I had brought a bunch of Easter eggs for the hunt without knowing that Mom Dunyon had already filled a ton for the kids. We decided to hide the eggs I brought too because what else was I going to do with 40 candy-filled eggs? 
The kids were really cute looking for them, but pooped out before all the eggs had been found so the adults finished up the hunt because the chocolate was melting in the hot, hot sun!! Mom made a delicious dinner and we enjoyed hanging out together the rest of the afternoon. So aside from some meltdowns by the kids I think we all had a wonderful Easter weekend. Thanks to Sarah & Austin for coming down and to Mom and Dad for letting us hang out at your house!
We are grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the opportunity that we had to honor him this Easter Sunday.
9 little notes:
I loved their dresses. Too cute!
How fun! Thanks for posting Brooke, excpet that picture of me...oh no sista...south beach here I come! Love you!
The dresses are adorable!
the girls are getting so big! ahh and the bounce house story is classic! i think every mom's been there before.
the girls are getting so big! ahh and the bounce house story is classic! i think every mom's been there before.
Emma is such a cutie- I love these pictures, and I especially loved the song she sang to Austin on his birthday that Sarah posted on her blog- SO adorable. And I can't even believe how big Heidi is! I didn't know she had such curly and gorgeous hair either! Such beautiful and FUN girls you have Brooke!!
I love the pictures! We can't wait to see you and play with the girls. See you this weekend!
Love Kim
Brooke- your girls really are so cute! I've been waiting for a post from you so I could tell you not to be surprised you didn't know we were related to Matt and Jill...Matt is really Ryan's grandma's sister's son...so whatever that makes us. His family is really close though so everyone counts as cousins. It was fun to see you guys there though. Hope the So Cal spring is beautiful!
yay a post!! im still waiting for u to start your own and update weekly ;) so good to see u this weekend.. those girls are getting big! and way too cute!!!
Post a Comment