CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baby Carter

I’m only doing this for journaling purposes, so if you are not interested in the details, feel free to just look at pictures.

Since my doctor was not available on my actual due date (April 8th) we decided to schedule an induction for April 6th. My mom flew in from CA to tend the children during my delivery and recovery. It was a relief to know that the girls would be in good hands. The morning that I was scheduled for an induction the Labor and Delivery department was full, and I had to wait for a room to open up before I could go in. After waiting 9+ months, another couple of hours shouldn't have been a big deal, but I'm blaming hormones. Aaron and my mom did their best to keep my mind occupied with other things but nothing was working. Finally Aaron talked me into running to Target with him, and the hospital called us just as we were pulling out of the driveway, [of course, right?], and asked us to come in. We drove the 2 miles to the hospital, and were excited to get this big day started.

When I arrived, I was dilated to 3 cm, 75% effaced and -2 station. They started pitocin and strep B antibiotic at 10am and then we began the wait. We weren’t sure how fast it would go, since this was my fourth delivery, so they kept the pitocin low. The antibiotic needed to be in for a few hours to ensure the baby didn’t get an infection during delivery so once 3pm hit we upped the pitocin and were off and running. At that point my water had already been broken, and I was dilated to 6 cm. The epidural had been in for a couple of hours by then, so life was good. The last two centimeters went quickly but the baby’s station wasn’t changing like we wanted (which we later found out was because the cord was wrapped around him). With some turns and the oxygen mask we were complete and ready to push at 4:50pm. Nine minutes later we met the sweetest little baby boy. He had the quietest cry, it made me wonder if he was okay. Of course everything checked out fine though and he was wrapped up and back in our arms within minutes.











“Baby Boy Dunyon” Weighed in at 8 lbs 3 oz, measuring 20 in long. We had struggled coming up with the right name during the whole pregnancy, so after some discussion that night we finally decided on Carter James Dunyon. He just looked like a “Carter” and I had always liked that name. “James” is my dad’s first given name; I was happy to have that name carried on. One of my favorite moments was seeing the eager big sisters arrive at the hospital shortly after delivery. It was so fun to have the whole family together.






Seven weeks have passed now and it seems like Carter has always been here. A lot of it has been a blur, however Aaron and I feel very blessed. Carter has four mothers (1 mom + 3 well intending sisters) caring for him [sound familiar Nathan?] and he brings so much joy to our home. Carter smiles at us, does not spit up (Hallelujah!), and is very good-natured. He's a dream baby.

1 week old:


2 weeks old:


3 weeks old:


4 weeks old:

7 weeks old:

Carter's Blessing:





Our Cute Children

We love our sweet little boy!

-Brooke & Aaron

8 little notes:

Mark and Shauna said...

Congratulations!! One of these days we need to get together! Can't believe our babies are only 4 days apart:)

Gray Family said...

How fun having a boy around the house! Enjoy it while it lasts...someday he will be 5 and learn how to tourment his "well-intending" sisters. Love the progression pictures, he sure has changed, but still a sweet goodlooking baby!

The Trotter Family said...

I still cannot believe you have FOUR! Wow, you are amazing and I never seem to see you frazzled. Maybe if you do have one of those days, you could blog about it because you just seem to perfect to me! Love you Brooke!

Tasha said...

Brooke he is so stinkin' cute! I am always how amazed at how adorable your girls look every Sunday. I can tell you are such a selfless mom who does so much for her family. How lucky Carter is to be born with such a loving, righteous mommy and such a caring family! Congrats!

Sarah said...

He is so so cute, and look at the girls! Such a beautiful family! Love to you all!!

Ali said...

All these pictures are such a treat:) Thanks for sharing. He looks absolutely perfect.

Hannah Stevenson said...

Oh this post just made me cry! He is beautiful! The girls are beautiful! YOU are beautiful! I wish we could have been there for the blessing. I'd bet it was beautiful.
Brooke, thanks for your kind words on our blog...I feel exactly the same way about you. I'm so sad that we can't grow our families close to each other...but I'm so thankful for blogs and that at least we can stay in touch this way.
We have decided to keep our house in AF as an investment property so we will be coming back every so often to do repairs and to check on things...I hope to come to the ward again and let Ollie and Carter meet! Love you guys and give those sweet girls (and boy) a big hug from us and tell Aaron "Hi"! :)

Julia said...

I LOVED reading this and seeing all these darling pictures. I am so glad you got your precious boy and that he has been so good. Your girls look like they are just lovin' him up! I am so glad I know about your blog.