I totally caved in. I am completely eating my words. I am regretting ever saying; "I will never..." The non-animal lover gave in for the sake of my children. I love them dearly and they have all been asking for a puppy every year since Paige could speak, and so we finally got them one.
Meet Toby.

His life in our home is in jeopardy daily, but the kids love him. Santa (or according to Nathan - the elves) brought him last Tuesday night. He arrived at our door with a little note saying that he had been waiting to come to our family and since the Christmas tree was up it was time to come. Paige was the cutest to watch. She read the letter and as she got halfway through her eyes brightened and the words "OH MY GOSH!! HE'S OURS!!!" came gushing out! Nathan started jumping up and down and Megan and Haley just stood there.

For whatever reason he has attached himself to my feet and I will be lucky if I don't break my neck tripping over him before Christmas. He is a lovey dog and now that he has been groomed he smells much better. My only fear now is that my house smells like dog. If you do come to see us and you can smell "animal" when you enter the house - please let me know. I will light a few more candles!
3 little notes:
You are a wonderful mother! Your children are very blessed. I can totally relate to your feelings as the non-animal lover. I would be fine never having a dog again for the rest of my life, but I know that someday I will for the sake of my children. We can't wait to meet Toby!!
Can we say SUCKER! By the way, Kate is now asking when our dog is coming....She must know we are sisters. Hee, Hee. Unfortunately, she'll have to wait a bit longer, or as Kate says, "when I get bigger I'll be old enough to buy my own dog...." Here we go....
YEAH For puppies!! can't wait for Luke to maul him at New Years!
Post a Comment