CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Egg Drop Chalenge.

We have officially entered the world of BSA. Devan attended his first week long Cub Scout Day Camp with his troop. Each year the Cub Scouts get together to earn merit badges and other wise goof around. (Man I am glad I am not the leader) Imagine just under 100 boys ages 7-11 running hary-cary in a field with lassos, buckets of water, hammers and nails, and bows and arrows. Yikes!!! Needless to say he had alot of fun. He got to build a pencil box (too short for standard #2 pencils), Lasso a "bull", shoot a bow and arrow, play 20 man soccer, and learn how to clean wounds (do boys really ever do that?) But the best part is the 80 ft. egg drop. On the last night the boys brought their idea of how to properly package and see if it could survive an 80 ft crane drop. It was so much fun, we packed a picnic dinner and all the children to watch the awards ceremony and 65 eggs in assorted wrap drop from a bucket truck. Devan and Brent spent the night before perfecting their design, (they were up 'till 10:00 p.m.). He was so excited to see his bubble wrap egg ball hurled from the air. Thankfully it passed the test and egg man survived (note the little face on the egg), Yea! We can't wait untill next year when we get to do it all over again!!!



3 little notes:

Gray Family said...

I love the excited look on Devan's face and his little friend's next to him! Way to go Devan (and dad). You can come with me to the market and carry my eggs anytime! Love you all!

Kim

Sarah said...

That is too funny! I love Dev, he is so funny! I like the picture of dev and Brent, Brent looks totally amused! Love you Jen...WII tonight?

Brooke and Aaron said...

The egg survived! I'm with you, Jen, on not wanting to be a scout leader. I love how the pencil box was too short. So funny! Glad he had a great time!