CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Birthdays Times Two




It feels like we've been celebrating birthdays for two months straight, and we've loved it! Heidi's 1st birthday celebration was last month with the Gray cousins, the Baillio's, Grandma & Grandpa Dunyon, & the Purles'. Grandma made a delicious dinner and then we enjoyed strawberry shortcake and cupcakes for dessert. Heidi devoured her cupcake and even offered to feed some to Grandpa. Later that week we made Hawaiin Haystacks and had the Nielsen and Dunyon grandparents over for Heidi's other birthday dinner, and topped it off with homemade carrot cake. It was a simple, but fun celebration.

Then this past weekend, Brooke's brother was married in the Las Vegas LDS Temple. It was a fun-filled day. Mom and Dad Dunyon drove up to help watch our girls while we were at the wedding. It was REALLY nice to have them there because they brought the girls for pictures at the temple and to see Brooke's family for a little bit, and then the girls were able to go home with their Grandma and Grandpa Dunyon while Aaron and I stayed for the luncheon. Emma and Heidi had a grand old time playing with their cousins and with their favorite Vegas aunts - Jenny, Jill, and Jessica. It was so strange when the girls were gone. I felt like I was missing an appendage, but they were MUCH better off taking naps and relaxing back at the house. Aaron and I were spoiled to get so much alone time.

The next day we celebrated Emma's 3rd birthday with her Las Vegas cousins. She wanted a princess cake, so I gave that my best attempt and learned a lot in the process. Jenny, Jill, & Jessica made homemade pizza for dinner and everyone consumed it quickly. The princess theme of course carried over to the presents and Emma loved everything she opened, especially the scooter. Thank you so much to our dear family for a wonderful weekend!

4 little notes:

Gray Family said...

We hate missing out on birthday parties and it sounds like Emma's was a hoot! We can't wait to see you all soon. Happy Birthday Emma! We love you!

Kim, Jeff, Paige, Megan, Haley, and Nathan
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!

The Trotter Family said...

Those are super cute pictures. My fav has to be Heidi upside down!

Cynthia said...

What fun filled two months of birthday parties and a wedding! I like Emma's princess birthday cake. I'll have to do that sometime.

Katie Schultz said...

Thanks for finding my blog and posting... I love to get posts, it is my whole reason for doing updates, :). I love your blog, and your pics are awesome, especially of your daughter bending over looking at the camera.